Finding Aids

Title
Mayer's Red House fonds
Text
Mayer's Red House fonds [textual record]. -- 1866 -1875, 1866 predominant.
4 cm of textual records

The Red House-Pioneer Store was owned and operated by Alexander Mayer, who arrived in Nanaimo in 1861. Mayer initially sold goods on the street and out of the Miners Hotel. Later, he purchased a log building on the corner of Bastion and Commercial Streets, and painted it red. Mayer retired to Portland, Oregon. He returned to Nanaimo around 1890 and died on November 11, 1894.

Volume was donated by John Cass.

Fonds consists of an account book, arranged by surname.
A partial name index is available.
Title based on the contents of the fonds.
The binding is worn and several pages are loose and torn.
Photo 1
Photo 2