Chase River United Church fonds [textual record]. -- 1914-1981 (intermittent).
10 cm of textual records
The Chase River United Church was founded in 1920 by William Manson. The building was constructed by Manson and volunteer labour and the church operated for sixty years before declining attendance forced its closure in 1980.
Material was donated by Barbara Cowling, a long-time parishioner.
Fonds consists of materials related to the Chase River United Church and its predecessor, the Chase River Methodist Church. Includes Methodist Sunday School minutes (1914-1927, 1969-1971), Ladies Aid minutes (1956-1981), Management Committee minutes (1973-1980), an account book (1969-1979), Nanaimo River Pastoral Charge annual reports (1978-1980) and miscellaneous notes and correspondence including a collection amount book and a list of the final disposition of parish furnishings and equipment.
Title based on the contents of the fonds.