Finding Aids

Wallace Street Methodist Church collection
Wallace Street Methodist Church collection [textual record]. -- 1906-1925 intermittent
.5 cm of textual records

The Methodist Church, at the corner of Wallace and Franklyn Streets, was dedicated in 1890. In 1925, the Congregationalists, Methodists and Presbyterians churches amalgamated to form St. Andrew's United Church. The building was torn down sometime in the early 1930s.

The 1909 banquet napkin and greeting card were donated to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1996 (1996 039 A). Other materials were donated to the Nanaimo District Museum in 1989 (Museum Acct No.: 989.23a & 23c) and transferred to the Archives in 1993.

Collection consists of a Christmas card, four Congregational Banquet napkins, an annual report for 1914; an anniversary of Methodism programme, 1919; and inaugural programme for the Wallace Street United Church.

Title based on the contents of the collection.
Original museum classification: Code 18.
Photo 1
Photo 2