J. J. Dickinson family fonds [graphic material, textual record]. -- [1888- ca. 1960], intermittent.
.1 cm of textual records
In 1908, J.J. Dickinson purchased 20 acres in Harewood and established the Nanaimo Dairy. By the early 1930s, Dickinson could claim the largest and most efficient dairy in the district. Dickinson originally worked as coal miner. He married Emma Lee of Nanaimo in 1903. Their only daughter Dorothy, born 1906, married Henry Martin Gailus in 1936.
Fonds consists of 40 photographs primarily depicting family members as well as land and buildings in Harewood. Also includes a postcard, two obituaries, and a hand-drawn family tree. The fonds is arranged in two series, 1) Photographs and 2) Miscellaneous.
Title based on the content of the fonds.
Donated to the Archives by a member of the Dickinson family.
Series descriptions available.