Dolly Egdell fonds [graphic material]. -- [ca. 1890]-[ca. 1965] intermittent.
In October 1939, Olive "Dolly" Creagh married Jack Egdell, the only son of Nanaimo architect and builder Daniel Bowden Egdell and Agnes Bradshaw Glaholm. In 1940, the junior Egdells moved to Atlin.
Nine of the photographs were donated to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1997 by Marcia Galloway on behalf of Dolly Egdell who was living in Victoria at the time. Another photograph (Jingle Pot Bunkers) was donated to the Nanaimo Museum in an undocumented transaction and transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1993.
Collection consists of photographs of Glaholm and McGregor family members and assorted Nanaimo scenes and buildings. The photographs have been annotated by Dolly Egdell.
Title based on name of collector.
Finding aid available.
Item level descriptions also available on public database.
1997 031 A-P1 Glaholm family
1997 031 A-P2 Bastion and Harbour
1997 031 A-P3 Winnie Glaholm
1997 031 A-P4 Horne house
1997 031 A-P5 Horne house
1997 031 A-P6 75 Chapel Street
1997 031 A-P7 Wentworth Street
1997 031 A-P8 Ernest McGregor Van Houten
1997 031 A-P9 Group of people in Sloan garden
1997 031 A-P10 Jingle Pot Mine bunkers, 1912