St. Paul's Anglican Church collection
 
        St. Paul's Anglican Church collection [textual record, graphic material]. -- [ca.1905], 1931, 1934.
.05 cm of textual records
1 photograph
 
        St. Paul’s Anglican Church is one of the oldest Anglican churches in the Province of British Columbia. In Nanaimo, the foundation of the first church building was laid in 1861.  By the early 1900s, a larger building was needed.  The first church was torn down in 1906 and the cornerstone of the second building was laid. In July 1930, a fire destroyed a large portion of downtown Nanaimo.  Six blocks were totally destroyed, including St. Paul’s Church.  In August 1931, the foundation stone for the third and current church was laid.  In 2009, the parishes of St. James and St. Paul amalgamated into one new and continuing parish in the name of St. Paul, Nanaimo.  
        Materials were donated to the Nanaimo District Museum in undocumented transactions and transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1993.
        Collection consists of a postcard of the Band of the Church Lads Brigade; an invitation and a programme for the laying of the foundation stone for the 1931 church ediface and correspondence related to church stationary.
       Title based on contents of collection.
        Original museum classification: Code 18.