Presbyterian Church collection
 
        Presbyterian Church collection [textual record, object].
 
        St. Andrew’s Presbyterian was established in 1865 by Rev. Robert Jamieson, who held services in Nanaimo’s courthouse until a sanctuary was constructed on Fitzwilliam Street in 1866. In 1902, a movement started to amalgamate the large number of church denominations under the United Church. Nanaimo's Presbyterians did not become part of that union and, in 1930, established a new church at the corner of Robson and Franklyn Streets, which remained the congregation’s place of worship until 1972 when the property was sold. A new, multipurpose building was constructed at the corner of Departure Bay Road and Wassel Way where the congregation continues to worship in its newest sanctuary opened in 1988.
        Collection consists of a compilation of correspondence by Rev. Robert Jamieson, a tea towel created for the 150 Anniversary event and an invitation to same.
        Title based on the contents of the collection.