Petroglyph Waterworks District fonds
 
        Petroglyph Waterworks District fonds [cartographic material, textual record]. -- 1950-1975.
32 cm of textual records
9 maps
 
        The Petroglyph Waterworks District was an improvement district under the Water Act, and was incorporated by Letters Patent in 1955. The first trustees were John Carruthers, Margaret E. Maver, and John Mihalech. The Chase River Fire Protection District was later dissolved, and the Letters Patent of the Petroglyph Waterworks District were amended to include fire protection, garbage collection, and street lighting.
        Materials were found in the old Chase River firehall by City staff and transferred to the Archives in 2008.
        Fonds consists of records generated and accumulated by the Petroglyph Waterworks District. Fonds is arranged in five series: 1) Letters Patent and bylaws (1956-1975); 2) Minutes (1955-1963; 1963-1968; and 1968-1975) 3) Financial records; 4) Administrative files and 5) Reference.
        Title based on the contents of the fonds.
        Original file titles retained for Series 4.
        Series descriptions available.
        Arranged into series by Archives staff.
 
Series 1.
 
        Letters Patent and bylaws [textual record]. -- 1956 - 1975.
2 cm of textual records

        Series consists of letters patent for the waterworks district and bylaws.
        Title based on the contents of the series.
 
Series 2.
 
Minutes [textual record]. -- 1955 - 1975.
5 cm of textual records

        Series consists of minutes.
        Title based on the contents of the series.
 
Series 3.
 
        Financial records [textual record]. -- 1956 - 1970.
2.5 cm of textual records

        Series consists of financial records including correspondence, annual financial statements, a synoptic journal, and banking records.
        Title based on the contents of the series.
 
Series 4.
 
        Administrative files [textual record, cartographic material]. -- 1950 - 1970.
22 cm of textual records
3 maps
 
        Series consists of files arranged by the following subjects: Department of Highways (1959-1970); Department of Municipal Affairs (1960-1968); Greater Nanaimo Water District (1955-1970); Petitions; Chase River Volunteer Fire Department (1961-1970); Legal (1950-1965); Community Services Study Committee (1964-1967); School District #68 (1955-1970); Harewood Improvement District (1962-1968); Water Districts (1965-1968); Comptroller of Water Rights (1965-1970); Province of B.C. (1955-1966); Street Lighting (1951-1967); B.C. Hydro (1956-1970); Ratepayers (1958); Moose Lodge (1959-1968); New Firehall (1969-1970); Taxes Levied for Fire Protection and Lighting (1969); Veterans Land Act (1967-1970); Engineers Estimates and Formation of Water District (1955-1963); Community Planning Area #6 (1970); Contracts (1955-1968); Secretary-Treasurer (1965-1967); Loans (1955-1961); General Correspondence (1965-1970); Greater Nanaimo Water District Water Purchases (1966-1969); Annual and Special Minutes (1961-1968); and Miscellaneous (1956-1965).
 
Series 5.
 
        Reference [textual record, cartographic material]. -- 1960 - 1969.
1.5 cm of textual records
6 maps
 
        Series consists of maps (surveys, etc.) and Water Act reference materials.
        Title based on the contents of the series.