Northfield Fire Protection District fonds
 
        Northfield Fire Protection District fonds [textual record, cartographic material]. -- 1951 - 1975.
15 cm of textual records
ca. 4 maps
 
        The Northfield Fire Protection District was incorporated under the provisions of the Water Act by letters Patent on October 10, 1949. It dissolved as an organization on June 20, 1975 when its assets, rights, claims, obligations and liabilities were transferred to the City of Nanaimo. Amongst its first trustees were Victor Brown and George Dodds.
        Fonds received in three separate accessions from the City of Nanaimo. The 1958 - 1961 minutes and certificate of title received in Accession 2002 018 C. 
        Fonds consists of records generated and accumulated by the trustees in the course of managing the Fire Protection District, and includes Trustee meeting minutes (1958-1959, 1962 - 1975); Bylaws (1951 - 1975); maps of the district (1954) and a proposed subdivision of Section 17, Range 8 Mountain District (between Northfield and Meredith) dating to 1966; records of household payments from 1959 and a financial statement from 1974; a report on the condition of the district from 1961; correspondence from the Northfield volunteer firemen's association regarding the need for a new fire hall; and Certificates of Title for Lot 16, Block 1, Section 17, Range 7 Mountain District Plan 526 dating from Feb 26, 1958 and a copy of a Certificate of Title for Lot 1 Section 5, Wellington District plan 13260 dating from Jan 15 1960.
       Title based on contents of fonds.