Nanaimo Typographical Union, Local 337 fonds
 
        Nanaimo Typographical Union, Local 337 fonds [textual record, graphic material]. -- 1912-1958.
1 v. 2 photographs : b&w

        Nanaimo Local 337 of the International Typographical Union was chartered in 1912. The first elected officers were: S. Duncan (President), L. Gilbert (Vice-President), A.E. Filmer (Secretary-Treasurer) and A. Booth (Sargeant-at-Arms). The local served all of Vancouver Island north of Duncan. In an effort to consolidate the organized printing trades in British Columbia, Local 337, in addition to numerous locals throughout the province, was eventually absorbed by Vancouver Local 226. The date of amalgamation is unknown.
        Fond consists of the minute book for the Nanaimo Typographical Union, Local 337, two photographs of a 50th anniversary event at Nanaimo and a programme for the same event.
        Title based on the contents of the fonds.
        Minute book was donated by Bill Williamson who was a former secretary of the union and the last secretary before the Nanaimo local amalgamated with the Vancouver local.
        Photographs and programme were donated by Marvin Wilson.