Nanaimo Pilotage Authority fonds
 
        Nanaimo Pilotage Authority fonds [textual record]. -- 1890-1911.
4 v.
 
        The Nanaimo Pilotage Authority was established around 1879 under the terms of the federal Act Respecting Pilotage (1873) within the Department of Marine, Ottawa.
        According to Bill Brankston, the 1900-1906 volume was donated to the Nanaimo Museum in 1957[?]. It was transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1991. The remainder of materials were donated by Sandra Gisborne in 2018.
        Fonds consists of federal government Registers of Vessels entering the Port of Nanaimo. Volumes list dates, vessel names, master's names, points of departure, tonnages and crew numbers. The 1890-1893 volume also includes Comox.
        Title based on provenance.
        Covers are in poor condition.
        Volumes have some water damage.
        One volume has been transferred to Ladysmith.
        Original museum code for 1900-1906 volume: A1/4.