Nanaimo Lions Club collection
 
        Nanaimo Lions Club collection [textual record]. -- 1986-1999.
30 cm of textual records

        The Nanaimo Lions Club is a branch of Lions International, the world's largest service organization. Since 1917, Lions Clubs have offered people the opportunity to give back to their communities. Veterans returning to Nanaimo after World War II laid the groundwork for a Lions Club charter, and in 1947 Gabriel Brown was installed as the first Charter President. Early members of the club included Joe Bertram, Haig Burns, Clyde Nicholson, Art Spencer, Sheldon Spurr, Grant Williams, Thomas Cramb, Eric Kneen, Harvey Murphy, Lloyd Bertram, Dr. Gordon Blott, Dr. John Baldwin and Clifford Bertram. From that date to the present, the Nanaimo Lions Club has played an important part in the community, raising funds to to help those in need and building community structures. Some of those projects are the Little Fern Young Parents Program, the Stock the Locker Program, the Lions Great Bridge, which connects the Harbourside walkway to Maffeo-Sutton Park and Nanaimo Lions Place, a 26 unit subsidized housing complex.
        Collection consists of records related to Empire Days parades, organized by the Nanaimo Lions Club. Also includes material related to one Christmas parade.
        Title based on the contents of the collection.