Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce fonds
 
        Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce fonds [textual record]. -- 1903, 1934, 1948 -1977.
3 cm of textual records

        Originally incorporated in 1889 under Chapter 130 of the revised statutes of the Dominion of Canada, the Nanaimo Board of Trade later changed its name to the Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce. Founding members included: Alexander Mayer, Marcus Wolfe, A.R. Johnston, T.W. Glaholm, John Hilbert, William Hirst, Thomas L. Davis, William Beveridege, John Mahrer, Arthur Bullock, William K. Leighton, J. H. Pleace, George H. Blakeway, Edwin Pimbury, E. McG. Van Houten, Walter Wilson, J. A. Strong, George Bevilockway, D.S. McDonald, Lawrence Manson, W.P.S. Perkins, A. Richardson, John Horner, John Henry Hilbert, James Abrams, James Harvey, Donald Smith, George Cruickshank, Samuel M. Robins, Andrew Haslam, Alfred Raper and J. Sehl.
        Materials were donated to the Nanaimo District Museum in undocumented transactions and transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1993.
        Fonds consists of act of incorporation and bylaws (rev. 1903), programs, membership roll (1948 -1951); notebook; an annual report and financial statements, 1959; annual reports and tourism pamphlets (1970); and promotional material produced by the Chamber (1950 -1977).
        Title based on the contents of the fonds.
        Original Museum Classification: Code 4.