Methodist Church Sunday School fonds
 
        Methodist Church Sunday School fonds [textual record]. -- 1872-1876.
7 cm of textual records
 
        The first Weslyan-Methodist church in Nanaimo was on Chapel Street. Cornelius Bryant was the first minister.
        The registers were acquired by M.A. Kenny and donated to the Nanaimo District Museum in an undocumented transaction. In 1993, they were transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives.
        Fonds consists of pre-printed Sunday School teacher's classbooks, and plain notebooks, filled in for girls and boys classes, noting attendence and number of lessons..
        Title based on the contents of the fonds.
        Original museum classification: Code 18.
        Registers are stamped "Property of Native Daughters of B.C. Post 2".