John Shaw High School collection
 
        John Shaw High School collection [textual record]. -- 1925-1952 intermittent.
4 cm of textual records
 
        John Shaw High School opened in 1929 in the old Central School building on Selby Street. In 1952, when the new Nanaimo District Senior Secondary School was built, John Shaw High School was demolished.
        The 1944 annual was donated to the Archives by Eleanor Race in 2002. The remaining materials were donated to the Nanaimo District Museum in undocumented transactions and transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1993. The oversized photographs were donated to the Archives in 1997.
        Collection consists of a John Shaw high school songbook (1925),'The Bastion', a school annual and newspaper for 1938, 1941, 1944 and 1952; a playbill for "Up on Old Smoky". Also includes two photographs of the interior of the school, and one photograph of the exterior.
        Title based on contents of collection.
        Original museum classification: Code 20.
        Extra copy of 1944-45 Annual in Storage Room G.