International Brotherhood of Owls (Nanaimo Nest No. 1) fonds
 
        International Brotherhood of Owls (Nanaimo Nest No. 1) fonds [textual record]. -- 1911-1913, 1939.
1 cm of textual records
 
        Founded in 1910, the Nanaimo branch of the International Brotherhood of Owls was a friendly society that offered sickness and death benefits to its members.
        Materials were donated to the Nanaimo District Museum by J.L. Ruckledge in an undocumented transaction. In 1993, the records were transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives. Bylaws were donated to the NCA by Estelle Peterson in 2008.
        Fonds consists of bylaws (1939), correspondence (1911-1913) and an advertisement of the second annual ball (1911).
        Title based on the contents of the fonds.
        Original museum classification: Code 8.
        Original museum code: D 8/19.