Granby Consolidated Mining, Smelting and Power Company Limited fonds
 
        Granby Consolidated Mining, Smelting and Power Company Limited fonds [textual record]. -- 1919-1920.
3 cm of textual records
 
        Granby, also known as Cassidy, was a model community built by the Granby Consolidated Mining, Smelting and Power Company in 1918. Eighty-five acres north of Haslam Creek and south of the Nanaimo River were allocated for the creation of this industrial community which included residential and mining areas as well as flower gardens, and a recreation hall and sports grounds. In 1928, there were more than 500 residents with 200 working the mine. The Granby Colliery No. 1 was in operation between 1917 and 1932 with peak production in the early 1920's.The mine closed in 1932. Some of the residences were relocated.
        Materials were donated to the Nanaimo District Museum in undocumented transactions and transferred to the Nanaimo Community Archives in 1993.
        Fonds consist of a record of coal weights, correspondence and a blank daily report form.
        Title based on contents of fonds.
        Coal weight record has severe water damage. Material was originally listed in the Museum catalogue as part of the Cassidy Mine records. Granby records were extracted and redescribed in January 2000. Original Museum classification : Code 22.