G.A.B. Hall fonds
 
        G.A.B. Hall fonds [textual record, graphic material]. -- 1896, 1940.
1 leaf
1 photograph : b&w
 
        Dr. G.A.B. Hall was born in Ontario. He graduated in dentistry from the Philadelphia Dental College and operated an office in Nanaimo from 1890-1893. He then went to Stanford University and received a diploma in medicine. For 13 years, he practised medicine in Nelson, B.C. In Nelson, Hall served nine years as the president of the school board, one year on the City council, and three years as an MLA. Returning to the coast, Hall was hired as the physician and surgeon to the Western Fuel Company miners. The Hall Block (37-45 Commercial) was built in 1925 as offices and stores as well as to house Dr. Hall's surgery. Later, Dr. Hall practiced with Dr. Giovando. All three of Hall's sons, N.D., Earl R. and Alan.B., graduated in medicine from McGill University. Hall served as Mayor of Nanaimo from 1930-31 and eventually retired to Victoria.
        Certificate was extracted from the the Registered Nurses' Association of BC (Nanaimo Chapter) records. Photograph was part of a group of unrelated records donated by Peter Giovando.
        Fonds consists of a licence to practice medicine from the British Columbia Medical Council and a photograph of Dr. Hall in full Masonic regalia.
        Title based on the contents of the fonds.
        Sticker on recto reads 86.3.3 which may have been part of the Nurses' Association record system.