Chase River Elementary School fonds

        Chase River Elementary School fonds [textual record]. -- [197-?-1984].
1 v.
 
        Around 1899 a new school was built to replace Southfield School and was renamed Chase River School. Chase River School was located on the corner of Fielding and Cedar Roads and consisted of one room and employed one teacher. The school eventually expanded to three rooms. In 1944 Chase River Elementary School was closed and the students attended Harewood, Southward and Nanaimo Bay Schools. In 1945 Chase River School was destroyed by fire and a new school was rebuilt in 1950 on the corner of Cranberry Avenue and Extension Road. The new school was opened in 1951 and the first principal was Mr. J. Allen. The detention book was extracted from Chase River School P.T.A. records donated by Barbara Cowling in 1999.
        Fonds consists of the Chase River School detention book that records various student offences and includes student's name, teacher's name, punishment, student's signature and teacher's comments on student behaviour.
        Title based on the contents of the fonds.