Brittania Hotel fonds

Brittania Hotel fonds [textual record]. -- [1903 - 1913].
1 v. : 38 x 15 x 3.5 cm
  
        The earliest references to the Britannia Hotel place it on Commercial Street near Wharf Street in 1866. Over time, the Britannia Hotel had many different names, including Peck's and the Oriental, and several different locations, including Victoria Crescent and Commercial Street and a variety of owners and/or managers including T.E. Peck, Thomas Wall, Mr. Bolton, Mr. Hindmarsh and William and James Wilks. During the period covered by the order book the hotel was owned or managed
by Robert and Ellen Robertson.
        Fonds consists of a ledger recording the monthly receipts and expenditures of the hotel. Each double page covers one month. The daily total of receipts is entered on the left hand leaf and the right hand folio has the specific expenditures of each day.
        Title based on contents of fonds.
Binding is broken, pages are brittle and some are loose. The cover is worn and dirty. Access is unrestricted except      for conservation concerns.
         Ledger donated to the Nanaimo Community Archives in October 1995 by Lois Bain, grand-daughter of
         Robert and Ellen Robertson.